Protecting network access at every entry point requires a highly reliable centralized security solution such as Cybernetic.
What is an Endpoint? Endpoints are remote computing devices that connect to a network and communicate back and forth with the network. Examples of endpoints include user devices such as desktops, laptops, smartphones, tablets, servers, and workstations. Endpoints are potentially very vulnerable.
Any of these devices serve as an entry point for threats. The goal of endpoint security is to secure every endpoint connecting to a network to block access attempts and other risky activity.
Effective endpoint security is needed more than ever largely due to the rise in mobile threats. Employees rely on mobile devices, home computers, and laptops to connect to company networks and conduct business, so a centralized security solution is no longer enough for such a shifting security parameter.
Endpoint security adds additional protection at the point of entry for many attacks as well as the point of egress for sensitive data.
When endpoint devices are required to meet security standards before being given network access, enterprises are better able to maintain control over the number of access points, thereby, blocking threats and access attempts. Endpoint security tools also provide monitoring for and blocking risky or malicious activities.
Endpoint security is different from anti-virus software in that it bears some or all responsibility for its own security. Endpoint security products may contain functionality such as:
- Data loss prevention
- Insider threat protection
- Disk, endpoint, and email encryption
- Application whitelisting or control
- Network access control
- Data classification
- Endpoint detection and response
- Privileged user control
Endpoint security isn’t solely conducted from devices, however. Typical endpoint security solutions provide a two-pronged approach, with security software installed on a central server or management console along with software installed on individual devices.
VAZATA Endpoint Protection with Cybernetic
Endpoint Protection from VAZATA` is an integrated threat prevention solution which utilizes a streaming-data analytics platform. The solution, backed by our Operations Center, combines the power of artificial intelligence (AI) to block malware infections with additional security controls. This helps to prevent ransomware and safeguard against script-based, file-less, memory, and external device-based attacks.
For years, prevention products’ primary threat protection was based on signatures. Assuming all attacks at a business had been seen before, using signatures made sense. Today, malware mutates daily, even hourly, making signature-based prevention tools obsolete. Cybernetic has performance advantages such as these:
- Uses AI, not signatures, to identify and block known and unknown malware from running on endpoints
- Delivers prevention against common and unknown (zero-day) threats without a cloud connection
- Continuously protects the endpoint without disrupting the end-user
- Full-spectrum autonomous threat prevention simplifies the security stack
- Whisper-quiet prevention ensures business operations are not disrupted
- Eliminates the risk of an attack exploiting a zero-day from being successful
- Backed by a team of expert analysts using a streaming data analytics platform and advanced threat intelligence feeds
VAZATA’s Cybernetic Security Monitoring is an uncomplicated solution to what could become a very complicated problem if security for your endpoints is not addressed. Contact us to answer any questions you may have.